We are happy to consider good quality candidates for a variety of placements - as a placement counsellor, as part of the café team, taking on the admin side of things or developing your group facilitation skills. However you’d like to get involved, we provide excellent opportunities and support.
A placement with us is as a set period of unpaid work to gain knowledge, skills and practical experience in a real place of work. Placements are usually undertaken as part of a package of work, e.g. an educational or a back-to-work related programme.
Placements are different from volunteering in the organisation, as they are linked to an external agency, are time specific with clear aims and objectives. Placements enable individuals to gain first-hand experience of our dynamic working situation, helping them to understand the way we work and to gain experience of a safe, healthy and supportive working environment.
Placements will be considered under the following criteria:
- can come from any location
- must be time limited
- linked to an external placement agency with a named individual as a contact
- be over the age of 16 or 18 (for roles that involve any lone working) and under 75
- where possible, the placement themselves should be involved in the organising of the placement, rather than relying on the external placement agency to sort every aspect
- must fully part-take in offering services to all potential people without discrimination
Are you up for it? If so, please contact us for further discussion.